From time to time I try to make some changes to my telescopes, and on rare occasions I also try something possible dangerous.
“Today was a good day for Science”- this was my motto when I got out with my homemade Newtonian reflector, trying to capture some H-alpha solar images.
So, after some experiments (timing, temperature, mechanics, distances) I finally got one usable shot, despite the clouds and very poor seeing conditions. For next time, I hope for better seeing, since the potential of this new setup is very high. And, since the new scope will perhaps be my partner for many H-alpha sessions, I had to nickname it…ALPHATONIAN is the name 🙂
And some other images of the new sunspot group: